Mussel Bed Cottage
Our charming cottage is self-contained and self-catering, separate to the house and guest wing, but with the benefit of having your hosts Andrea & Shane at hand for help with reservations and local information or just a friendly chat!
The white sands & safe swimming of Cooks Beach a close walk and Shakespeare Reserve/Lonely Bay a lovely 30 min walk from Mussel Bed Cottage.
- Sleeps 4 comfortably plus plus 1 single bed upstairs for an extra person. (Max. 5 people)
- Ideal for 1 or 2 couples or small family groups.
- Two bedrooms with kitchen bathroom and private deck for bbq and outdoor dining.
- Features a large spacious upstairs lounge and bedroom with French doors opening on to a 'juliet' balcony.
- Special breakfast hamper for your first night of stay only!
We look forward to making
your stay a special one
on the beautiful
- Upstairs lounge & bedroom, queen-size bed and single bed, carpeted floor with walk in wardrobe/dressing room & balcony.
- Downstairs bedroom, tiled floor, 2 king single beds with French doors on to deck.
- Kitchen/dining with French doors on to deck.
- Well equipped kitchen with utensils/cutlery/ crockery/saucepans/bowls/plates etc, basic pantry goods, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, electric jug, electric cooking hob, electric frypan & portable oven. No dishwasher sorry.
- Vanity/shower/toilet with heated towel rail in bathroom downstairs,
- 2 x Flat screen Freeview TV's, 1 x DVD, 1 x CD/Tape Stereo, WiFi Internet provid6ed.
- Heaters & electric blankets available in winter months.
- Car parking for 2 vehicles.
- Outdoor table & 4 chairs on deck.
- BBQ - Gas.
- Private lawn area with own gate entry.
- Private outdoor deck.
- Quality cotton linen, bath towels and beach towels provided.
- Washing machine available for an extra charge, but Laundromat service in Whitianga is available 7 days.
- Iron and ironing board provided.
- Kayaks available for use in Cooks Stream.
- Bikes available.
- Spades available for Hot Water Beach.
- Tennis courts (booking necessary) next door.
Purangi Golf Club nearby (country 9-hole course).
- Cooks Beach a 5 mins walk - a safe swimming beach for all ages.
- Restaurants, passenger ferry to Whitianga nearby.
- Purangi Estuary - at the eastern end of Cooks Beach is a popular swimming, playground & picnic spot for young families.
- We offer discounts for multiple night stays
- We require a minimum 5 nights stay over peak periods.